Friday, September 26, 2008

Pink

Listening to bands make ugly music pretty
Freeway graffiti has never been so lovely
As break lights wash the world red
And all the walls break down in my head.
Such bright colors in such strange places
Skin tight clothes, painted eyes, and made-up faces
If I don’t make it home tonight
Look for me under your bed.
Lying down with all those old things now dead,
Saying the things we shouldn’t have said
Dust bunnies, clumsy mud pies, sagging bears, old friends
And I try to sleep,
They make a pillow for my head.
Step into your past and join me down here,
Inside everyone’s pink and you’re no exception.

Join me down here,
The glitter isn’t everywhere.
This secret, won’t you keep it?
Split second divide,
New realizations I can’t just brush aside...
There’s never enough time to see all the places,
Always caught in the wrong embraces.
Marionette strings attached to arms and legs,
Pulling, pushing, jerking in this clumsy dance.
The stars can’t be seen,
City lights shine so bright, glittering with artificial luminescence.
But that’s okay. I like it like that.
Sometimes.
Step into your past and join me down here,
I’ll tell you why.
Inside everyone’s pink and you’re no exception.

This is "Pink"...my other favorite...I don't know though. I think I need more edits on this one. I never completely finished the last stanza in class, so let me know what you think.

No comments: