Friday, October 17, 2008

If I Found That Envelope...


If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Which places would you visit first and who would you take with you? Whenever I am in a plane, I gaze down at the land stretching out below me. I wonder what's going on down there in the miniature dips and hollows and I know that they must be houses and cities somewhere, but at this height they are invisible to me...I can only imagine what must certainly be there. Flying back home this summer, I had the insatiable urge to travel more, to turn around immediately and see new places, eat new foods, temporarily adapt to new ways of life...

My head is filled with thoughts of Egypt and Iceland, the French countryside and the Greek islands...I wish I was there now. Anywhere but here, anywhere that was different and fascinating and intriguing. Learning new languages and walking around the cities in the evening...doesn't that sound lovely? he only question that remains is: If you were stranded on a desert island with only churros and water, how long would you survive? I wonder...

No comments: